Thursday June 7 - NOW Lounge, Toronto
Sarah Smith, Laura L'Rock, and High Heels Lo Fi
http://lipstikindie.wordpress.com << Review of the show from Nik Beat
Notes from Cyn:
- NOW Lounge is clean and pretty and doesn't smell like a bar. more of a lounge. it's really nice. i'm surprised they let us in.
- bartenders, sound man, and all staff were really sweet and helpful. they seemed to dig our schtick. keen.
- Sarah Smith has a brilliant voice & should do a blues album. Someone please hand her a briefcase full of money to make that happen.
- Laura Rock & her band were on fire, and were an awesome great time! Drummer Owen is cuter than a duck wearing a hat, and is a bundle of bouncy happy energy. very inspiring.
- lots of friends & fans came out - was a great crowd!
- we played really well, i held the long note for 57 seconds, and people screamed along!
- at the end of the night, Mandy & I were hauling gear in high heels & mini skirts. some of the staff nearly yelled at us for doing this, & rushed to help. so sweet! but chicks in bands must haul their own shizz. chicks must never act like girls!
Notes from Dug:
-to follow the likes of Sarah Smith and Laura L'Rock is no easy task. But the crowd that stuck around to see our schtick seemed to really enjoy us. Yay...new fans.
-and for the first time with the cupcakes, Cyn was directly in front of me for a change. I could see the look of relief in Mandy's eyes. Yes, I always look Mandy straight in the eyes!!!ALWAYS!!!
-Cyn in her shortest skirt yet didn't help and it wasn't t long before I extended a SLAVEdrummer welcome via drumstick!
-getting compliments from Laura's all star line up of real, full time musicians was humbling at most. When Owen Tennyson calls you "da shit" you must be doing something right! Alcohol might have been a factor, but ya gotta love Owen. He's REAL!
- Nik Beat of the Howl on CIUT was M.C. for the night and he also gave us kudos for the show. And a nice little review!
- I missed the after gig poutine. :-( Oh well, there's always next time...
Notes from Mandy:
*a bluebird flies by the window*
Apparently Mandy is off on special assssssignment. Something involving experimental bass techniques and pyrotechnics using mescal as a base. I don't know, I wasn't really listening dude, Steel Panther was on at the time. You expect me to pay attention? I bet bassist Lexxi Foxx doesn't turn in his show reports either, but in his defense, he spends 10 hours a day on his hair and makeup, 10 hours a day screwing groupies, and 2 hours for soundcheck and the show. So time is limited for show reporting.
Super huge thanks to Charles Whaley of torontoliveclubhub.com for the Video!
click HERE for Video!